We survived! This weekend Brian had a business retreat 90 mins. from home at the Alderbrook Resort and Spa. I've been both nervous and excited about this first trip for weeks. We stayed in a 2 bedroom cottage since we had both the baby and dog with us. It worked out well especially since William is such a light sleeper. He stayed in 1 room in his pack n' play and Brian, Bear, and I slept in the 2nd bedroom. There was a family room and eat in kitchen as well. The views were gorgeous! I'm glad we got out of the house and did our first trial run traveling with the baby and all of his stuff. His suitcase was by far the largest since I had to pack every outfit, bib, and burp rag we own because I couldn't do any laundry while we were there. Luckily his spitting up wasn't too bad. Saturday night Brian's firm had a lovely dinner and I arranged to have a sitter that the Resort recommended. Even though I had nursed William and put him to bed before she got there, so she didn't even have to touch him, I was a nervous wreck leaving him with a stranger for the first time! Brian had to push me out of the cottage and get me a tissue to dry up my tears. I know he thinks I'm crazy, but I just couldn't help it! We had a good time at dinner and the 3 hours flew by. We all made it out alive....well, the dog just barely made it because he woke the baby up TWICE barking at people walking by the cottage. He was one bark away from me having a new fur coat :)
This week in pictures:
LOVE this one!
Love his "hail damaged" tush!
Mom and William right before she left for the airport
No comments:
Post a Comment